What is a bridge?
A dental bridge is a type of restoration that our dentist and dental team may recommend to replace one or more missing teeth. A bridge is a fixed (non-removable) dental restoration that uses two dental crowns, which are placed on the teeth or dental implants adjacent to the gap left by the missing tooth, to anchor an artificial replacement tooth in place. This artificial tooth, called a pontic, fills in the gap and returns your smile’s beauty and function. A dental bridge is most often used to replace either a single missing tooth or a couple of missing teeth in a row (usually a maximum of three teeth).
Do I need a dental bridge?
If you are missing one or more teeth, we will discuss all of our tooth replacement options with you and help you decide which is right for your smile. A dental bridge in Juneau, Alaska, can benefit your smile by:
- Preventing the natural teeth from moving into the space left by the missing tooth
- Improving your ability to properly chew, eat, and speak
- Enhancing the overall beauty of your smile
- Replacing a removable partial denture
- Relieving uneven stress on the bite
To learn more about dental bridges, and to discover whether a bridge is right for you, we welcome you to call or visit our team at Alaska Dental Arts today.